Firefox is a browser built for speed and security, and getting rave reviews from the likes of PC World, PC Magazine, and USA Today — even Microsoft's security program manager runs Firefox! This free and fast little browser can block unwanted popups, and keep your desktop clutter-free with tabbed browsing. It's definitely more secure than Internet Explorer, and a cinch to install:
- Browse to http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/.
- Choose the download link appropriate for the operating system on which you'll be running Firefox — Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click on the file you just downloaded to start the installation wizard.
- Click “Next” on each step of the wizard until the program is installed.
- If you like, you can set Firefox to be your default browser, instead of Internet Explorer.
- Start up Firefox, and browse happy.
People who have switched to Firefox: