The Mozilla Application Suite isn't just a web browser — it also comes packaged with an e-mail program, chat client, and web page editor! But at the core of the Application Suite is a powerful browser with great features like tabbed browsing and popup window blocking. And not only is it more secure than Internet Explorer, but it's easy to install:
- Browse to http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/.
- Choose the download link appropriate for the operating system on which you'll be running Mozilla — Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click on the file you just downloaded to start the installation wizard.
- Click “Next” on each step of the wizard until the program is installed.
- If you like, you can set Mozilla to be your default browser, instead of Internet Explorer.
- Start up Mozilla, and browse happy.