Opera is a browser that's turning some heads, and for good reason: it comes with a powerful e-mail program, a great chat client, tabbed browsing, and toolbars that let you quickly search the Internet for information. And at the heart of this feature-rich package is a browser that's been called the best web browser of 2004 — it's fast, secure, and easily customized to fit your browsing habits.
The installation? A cinch:
- Browse to http://www.opera.com/download/.
- Click on the
Download Nowbutton at the bottom of the page. If you're redirected to another page after doing so, just be patient — the download should start shortly.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click on the file you just downloaded to start the installation wizard.
- Click “Next” on each step of the wizard until Opera is installed.
- If you like, you can set Opera to be your default browser, instead of Internet Explorer.
- Start up Opera, and browse happy.
Is your installation stuck in a rut? Opera's support page should be able to help you out.
People who have switched to Opera: